Panic on current when enabling SUJ

John Doe lex859 at ymail.com
Fri Jun 4 02:09:55 UTC 2010

________________________________
From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson at jroberson.net>
To: John Doe <lex859 at ymail.com>
Cc: current at freebsd.org
Sent: Thu, June 3, 2010 7:19:59 PM
Subject: Re: Panic on current when enabling SUJ

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, John Doe wrote:

> Boot into single user-mode
>
> # tunefs -j enable /
> # tunefs -j enable /usr
> # tunefs -j enable /tmp
> # tunefs -j enable /var
> # reboot
>
> The machine then panics.
>
> Looks like the machine is trying to write to a read-only filesystem.

Can you please give me information on the panic?  What was the state of
the filesystems upon reboot?  Does dumpfs show suj enabled?

I wasn't able to get a dump.

The filesystem did not have SUJ enable before booting into single user more.
It appears SUJ was correctly enable by tunefs while in single user-mode.
The problem appears to be isolated to enabling SUJ for the first time while in single user-mode, then rebooting.

Let me know if you need anymore information.