SUJ and "mount" reporting

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Wed Jun 2 08:47:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 11:25:00AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> My understanding of nmount() is that that is what it does now.  However, not
> everything is fully updated for nmount().  struct nfsargs is still passed in
> as a blob value with the key "nfsargs" for example.

This is not true any more.  Doug Rabson and I modified
src/usr.sbin/mount_nfs so that it passes individual string options
via nmount() down to the kernel, which then parses the string options.

Doug added a fallback_mount() function which reverts to the
old behavior of passing a blob with key "nfsargs" for older kernels.

The Berkeley amd is the next big NFS mount client which needs
to be updated to use nmount().....but that code is messy. :)

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org