[INFO]: newer clang/LLVM in HEAD

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 20 17:40:27 UTC 2010

hi,

ed@ just committed an update of clang/LLVM to HEAD. This update has
(at least) 3 bugs fixed that were reported from FreeBSD.

these are:

	- annoying "unknown pragma" warning during make depend of kernel

	- DWARF fix that fixes dtrace (contributed by kan@)

		this requires libelf fix as well

	- clang (the driver) execing itself (the compiler) fix regardless of PATH

Beside this, clang should compile C++ better than the previous snapshot.
It should be faster as well.

So far a few problems in clang/LLVM and FreeBSD were fixed but many other
remains, what to do about it?

		Test clang with your code!

just cd /usr/src/my/code/ && CC=clang make

clang can spot problems gcc cannot and it would be nice to have those fixed.
it improves the code quality and takes at most a few minutes.

if you encounter something that you think is a clang bug/problem/annoyance
please let us know so we can get this fixed.

thank you for your help!

Roman Divacky