Problem with ZFS version 15

Michael Gusek michael.gusek at web.de
Sat Jul 17 13:40:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

i updated my 8.1-PRERELEASE to ZFS version 15. The patch http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/v15/head-v15-v3.patch applies fine and after reboot i upgrade my pool successfully to version 15. Now, after a new reboot the bootloader can't boot from version 15, it supports only 13. Well, i build a bootable usb pen with 8.1-PRERELEASE and ZFS version 15, boot from it and apply a new bootloader: gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ad0|ad1. After this, i've lost my gpt scheme ! gpart show ad0 says "gpart: No such geom: ad0". How can i recover my gpt on ad0 and ad1 ? I'm running a zfs mirror on ad0 and ad1.

Michael