HEADUP: major update of siba(4) - again

Weongyo Jeong weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:53:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 01:33:29PM -0800, Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As someone know I posted a new ssb(4) driver to support bwn(4) driver
> I'd written some weeks ago and gavin@ told me that there's a almost
> same-purpose driver called siba(4) that could be merged into one with
> ssb(4).
>
> As a result I made a patch here:
>
>       http://people.freebsd.org/~weongyo/patch_siba_20100112.diff
>
> The changes are as follows:
>
>   - This patch is focused to support Broadcom Wireless NICs so major
>     consumer would be bwn(4) currently.
>   - could break backward compatibility of siba(4).  But I could not
>     find consumers of siba(4), Makefile to build or examples in the
>     tree.
>   - adds a siba(4) man page that it'll be reviewed before committing.
>
> If no objections, I'll commit it by end of this week.

I made an another patch not to break the backward compatibility of
siba(4).

	http://people.freebsd.org/~weongyo/patch_siba_20100127.diff

This version is tested just on MIPS cross-compilation due to lack of H/W
but I expect that the patch doesn't touch any original siba(4) logics.

By design reasons I made a siba_bwn bridge module whose parent device is
PCI that placed at sys/modules/siba_bwn/Makefile.

I believe that with this patch I solved a objection until now so If no
more objections by end of this week, I'll commit it into HEAD.

regards,
Weongyo Jeong