HEADS UP: <utmp.h> gone. All welcome <utmpx.h> [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

thierry at FreeBSD.org thierry at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 14 10:08:49 UTC 2010

Selon "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> le Jeu 14
jan 06:51:30 2010 :

>     0n Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:42:54PM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
>
>     >I've noticed there is some breakage in ports, but it shouldn't be too
>     >serious. I've seen cases where an application includes <utmp.h>, even
>     >though it doesn't use anything provided by that header. In other cases
>     >they used fields like UT_NAMESIZE to derive the maximum user name length
>     >supported by the system, which is clearly not what this definition was
>     >intended for. I've incremented __FreeBSD_version to 900007 to identify
>     >the import of utmpx. In case a certain port breaks badly, let me know
>     >and I'm willing to take a look at it.
>     >
>     >Be sure to give it a try and report any issues. Thanks!
>
> Great stuff ed! Thanks! I thought I would test this with my terminal
> of choice
> (x11/rxvt-unicode) and found some breakage (Cc'ing $MAINTAINER).

Thanks for the notification! I'm away ATM, but I'll check it ASAP.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.