Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

Rohit Grover rgrover1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:30:23 UTC 2010

Hi Weongyo,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 06:41:21PM +1300, Rohit Grover wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Please try attached patch in bwn_probe() and show me dmesg output. ?If
>> > bwn(4) doesn't print anything that means ssb(4) works incorrectly. ?But
>> > there are some outputs and bwn(4) doesn't be attached then your device
>> > revision isn't supported.
>> >

>> After applying your patch, I get the following upon loading if_bwn:
>>
>> bwn0: vendor 0x4243 cid 0x812 rev 12
>>
>> Therefore, I should infer that the device revision isn't supported?
>
> Yes it looks your revision isn't supported.
>
>> Do you know when this device might be supported?
>
> I think it could be supported when bwn(4) supports N PHYs I hope.

Not being able to use the wireless hardware on my current laptop with
FreeBSD has caused me inconvenience to the point where I am seriously
contemplating the purchase of a new laptop.
Is there even a remote possibility that you may be able to estimate
when bwn(4) may be able to support such hardware?

regards,