ZFS will gone,FreeBSD will import btrfs?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Aug 17 05:21:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:21:07PM +0800, lhmwzy wrote:
> opensolaris is gone

It appears there will be a fork, but that's not particularly crucial
to FreeBSD.

> ZFS also gone.

We're not going to drop ZFS because Oracle's plans are unclear.  It
remains to be seen how much other community support there is behind ZFS.

> Will FreeBSD import btrfs or other similar file system?

>From my observation, it takes about 2 years from the initial work on a
new filesystem until it's relatively stable, so I don't know why we would
suddenly decide to go that direction.

mcl