k3b causing system freeze/panic

Michael Butler imb at protected-networks.net
Mon Aug 2 03:03:25 UTC 2010

On 07/28/10 04:27, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> You do realize that ATA_CAM just (well, mostly) introduces a wrapper around the
> "now aging ATA driver" ?
> No magic pixie dust to fix the bugs in it, but perhaps more ways to expose them.

Sadly, I still haven't been able to identify where the buffer address in
the request structure is one of: left unset, gets lost or corrupted :-(

Happens with k3b-kde4 too. I am assuming that this is as a consequence
of the ATA_CAM code-path. I don't recall ever having this issue prior to
switching disk names to "ada" from "ad",

	imb