SUJ update

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Fri Apr 30 09:36:16 UTC 2010

Hi

1) now works for me (no panics so far)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson at jroberson.net>
To: current at freebsd.org
Subject: SUJ update
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:37:00 -1000 (HST)

Hello,

I fixed a few SUJ bugs.  If those of you who reported one of the following
bugs could re-test I would greatly appreciate it.

1)  panic on gnome start via softdep_cancel_link().
2)  Difficulty setting flags on /.  This can only be done from a direct
boot into single user but there were problems with tunefs that could lead
to the kernel and disk becoming out of sync with filesystem state.
3)  Kernel compiles without SOFTUPDATES defined in the config now work.

I have had some reports of a hang waiting on journal space with certain
types of activity.  I have only had this reported twice and I am not able
to reproduce no matter how much load I throw at the machine.  If you
reproduce this please try to get a coredump or minidump.

Thanks,
Jeff