config(8) dumps core

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 29 23:10:56 UTC 2010

In message: <20100429224938.GI90938 at darkthrone.kvedulv.de>
            Michael Moll <kvedulv at kvedulv.de> writes:
: Hi,
:
: On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:30:06PM +0100, Bruce Cran wrote:
: > /boot/kernel/kernel".  It looks like it thinks there's more data available
: > than there is.
: >
: > config/main.c gets the size of the configuration by running elfdump:
: >
: > > elfdump -c /boot/kernel/kernel | grep -A 5 kern_conf | tail -2 | cut -d ' '
: > -f 2 | paste - - -
: >
: > 10053368        2656
: >
: > The first column is the offset, and the second is the number of bytes, but the
: > embedded configuration only has 2649 bytes.
:
: OK, that explains that with all the related commits backup out
: (207265-206664) the resulting config-binary still fails. I don't have
: time today to build the kernel with the different revisions to hunt the
: problem down to one commit...
:
: imp@: The last commits to usr.sbin/config/* might have raised this
: problem, could you have a look at it?

Do you have a small, reproducible sequence of events that will
recreate this problem?  I've seen no problems at all in my testing.
I assume this is in -current?

Warner