newsyslog patch implementing file includes

Gordon Tetlow gordon at tetlows.org
Tue Apr 20 09:09:24 UTC 2010

I wanted the ability for a port to have a rotating log policy so I wrote a
patch for newsyslog to implement includes of other newsyslog.conf style
files.

Please find the patch at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~gordon/patches/newsyslog.diff<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Egordon/patches/newsyslog.diff>

Format for the include line in /etc/newsyslog.conf is:
<include> /etc/defaults/newsyslog.conf

Here's a quick overview of the changes:
Convert the conf_entry struct from using a home rolled linked list to the
queue(3) macros.
Add a STAILQ to process include files.
Add support for <include> tag to specify include files.
Globbing is supported in <include> statements.
Properly detect circular include loop dependencies.

Please take a look and send me any comments you might have.

Thanks,
Gordon