[CFT]: ClangBSD is selfhosting, we need testers now

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Sun Apr 18 13:28:49 UTC 2010

Hi Roman

Den 16/04/2010 kl. 18.08 skrev Roman Divacky:

> We kindly ask you to setup ClangBSD chroot and/or use clang compiled kernel and
> use it as you would normally use FreeBSD. Please report back

I installed ClangBSD kernel and world in a VirtualBox virtual machine (amd64) and rebooted. It booted and lived through some basic testing, like extracting a ports tree with portsnap and installing a couple of ports. I'm very impressed.

Then I checked out pho's stress2 suite and set it to run for the night. This morning it sat at a kdb prompt:

http://tinypic.com/r/206c0us/5

I don't know if this is ClangSD-related. I haven't tried kernel debugging before. Any pointers on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Erik