ports and PBIs

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Apr 10 14:19:02 UTC 2010

On 04/10/10 02:31, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Alfred Perlstein , Matt at ix systems Kris (Mr PBI), some
> others and I, felt that these ideas seemed to make some sense
> and so I put them here for comment.

Please do. Someone has to do something about deployment.

For what it's worth, I've tripped over the garden rake on the ground,
that is 'unsatisfied dependency' one too many times in commercial work.

If PBIs can address this, even for FreeBSD's embedded and server use
cases, they will likely be well recieved.