ports/multimedia/pwcbsd && -CURRENT

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed May 27 14:18:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The page http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsBrokenOnCurrent shows the port
> > ports/multimedia/pwcbsd as 'will need fork', what does this mean and is
> > there some work in progress on it? I'd like to have my USB based cam
> > back :-))
> >
> > 	matthias
>
> Hi,
>
> Please try the attached patch. Maybe you can figure out any remaining
> issues, hence I did not have time to test it.
>
> --HPS

BTW: We should have a video library that can run these drivers in userland.
The new libusb in FreeBSD supports isochronous transfers, and when the libusb
v1.0 API emulation is complete, maybe we can push the guys behind the Linux
webcam drivers to convert them into using libusb? Would be cool :-)

--HPS