CFT: msk(4) and Yukon FE+(88E8040, 88E8040T, 88E8048, 88E8070)

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue May 26 14:59:08 UTC 2009

On Friday 22 May 2009 11:01:09 pm Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> Yukon Extreme uses the new descriptor format, the same as Yukon
> FE+, so you should have 88E8072 use that. I guess it wouldn't be
> hard to add support for Yukon Extreme once msk(4) got working code
> for Yukon FE+.

I saw you committed this over the weekend, so I will updated my patches to
account for this.  So far I have only had two issues:

1) TSO is broken.  However, this is probably due to the descriptor format.  I
will try it again after merging in the FE+ changes.

2) I was getting RX overrun errors when pulling data over gige (at work)
(pulling data == using csup to download the CVS repository for the first
time).  It would die with an RX overrun every few minutes.  It required an
ifconfig down/up to recover.  (It would be nice if the driver recovered from
an RX overrun better perhaps.)  At home I only have a 10/100 network and the
driver worked fine (finished full csup w/o any RX overruns) at 100.  I will
also see if I can still reproduce this after merging in the FE+ changes over
the weekend.

--
John Baldwin