[Call For Testing] VirtualBox for FreeBSD! take2

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Tue May 19 19:43:50 UTC 2009

Martin Wilke wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:28:02PM -0400, Michael Butler wrote:
>
> > Martin Wilke wrote:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_3.tgz
> > With the latest tarball, I still don't see my DVD in the drop-down list
> > even though I have tweaked the devd.conf file such that ..
>
> > imb at toshi:/home/imb> ll /dev/*cd*
> > crw-rw-rw-  1 root  operator    0,  97 May 19 10:55 /dev/acd0
> > crw-rw-rw-  1 root  operator    0, 104 May 19 10:55 /dev/cd0
> > lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel            3 May 19 10:55 /dev/cdrom -> cd0
>
> > This is on a Toshiba Satellite with today's -current ..
>
> > imb at toshi:/home/imb> uname -a
> > FreeBSD toshi.auburn.protected-networks.net 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
> > 8.0-CURRENT #89: Tue May 19 07:29:32 EDT 2009
> > root at toshi.auburn.protected-networks.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TOSHI
> i386
>
> at the moment a now issus we will take a look later.
>
> All in one seems that by most peoples now vbox works \o/

   Hi,

   as I reported this morning, for me is not working. My system is a
DELL D630 laptop with 3Gb of RAM. i386/CURRENT update today  :

        FreeBSD gusiport 8.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT #41: Tue May 19
14:24:05 CEST 2009
        gus at gusiport:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  i386

   Last version fixed the problem with the kernel module not being
detected the second time vbox is run, but I still have vbox booting the
virtual machine in wit a gray screen. I've observed the machine is
supposed to be running, but making top shows no activity. Also tried
VBoxSDL -startvm win (win is the id given to the vmachine, yes I know,
it took me little time to give it a name :) ) and the virtual machine
shows a black screen. No CPU activity at all. Tried disabling VT-x/AMD-v
extensions (the laptop supports VT-x) still no go.

   Anything I can try ?

   Thanks,

   Gus
--