New rc.d/named features for testing: auto-forwarding and wait on boot

Tue Mar 31 01:15:08 PDT 2009

Quoting Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 30 Mar 2009
23:04:17 -0700):

> There has been some discussion recently about the idea of adding an
> option for the rc.d startup process to wait until name resolution
> comes on line. (There is also room for a more general "wait for the
> network to come on line" option, but I chose to focus on the named
> version since my time is limited atm.)

I assume this is opt-in, and not on by default (this is not needed
everywhere).
At which place in the startup would this wait?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I have never been one to sacrifice