LOCK_PROFILING does not work on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 29 03:32:26 PDT 2009

Wenji Wu wrote:
>> It certainly does work in 8.0.  Is it possible you forgot to install
>> the
>> rebuilt kernel?
>
> I have rebuilt everything (rebuild the world), just does not work for me. But if it works for you, i will retry to see what is going on.

Rebuilding the kernel (or world) only prepares a new version, it doesn't
reinstall it.  Unless you ran a separate 'make installkernel' you are
still running the old kernel.  You can confirm by looking at uname -a
and checking the time when the running kernel was compiled.

Kris