[HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted [more successes]

Sam Leffler sam at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 26 09:24:29 PDT 2009

FWIW I've tried this on 2 amd64 laptops w/ fairly good success.  Both
are running HEAD as of yesterday and have latest ports builds.

Intel T61P (SMP) running gnome2 suspends+resumes with
hw.acpi.reset_video=1.  I had to restart moused on resume to get the
touchpad back but usb did not come back (usbconfig shows the hubs but no
devices and devices do not enumerate on re-attach).

HP6125 (UP) running kde4 suspends+resumes w/o any tweaks.  USB came back
on this machine but the touchpad did not (haven't tried restarting
moused yet).  Some devices didn't restore; e.g. an ath card in the
cardbus slot didn't reappear.

Great work; this is a huge step forward!

    Sam