Inline definition problem in current

Gustau Perez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Tue Mar 24 09:08:50 PDT 2009

>> It seems like they might be related.
>>

>> Hope that helps.

   Yes it did.
> I can confirm that reverting this change allows the audio/faad port to build.

   Instead of reverting that change, it would be better to change the
offeding inline function definition to something like :

          extern inline [return type|void] __attribute__((gnu_inline))
function_name(arg1,arg2,...)

   and the function implementation should be the same without the
extern. That allowed me to compile compiz-fusion-plugins-main
in current and run it. I'm found the problem you faced, but didn't know
how to fix it, so I used an static inline definition (which is not the
solution).

   I'm going to try this patch in stable branch (which doesn't need this
change). If it works a PR can be send to fix both current and stable
without tricks in the makefile.

   Greets,