[HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

Gustau Perez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Tue Mar 24 08:24:09 PDT 2009

Brandon Gooch wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Jung-uk Kim <jkim at freebsd.org> wrote:

>>> Have just retested this with just updated 8-CURRENT. Still works
>>> fine as before with my Acer TM6292
>>> (Core2Duo+i965GM+ICH8M+bge+iwn+sdhci amd64 SMP). Writing this
>>> letter just after successful resume.
>>>
>>> There is still some DRI resume problems (will try one rnoland@
>>> patch tomorrow) and my touch pad does not wakes up for some reason,
>>> but that is probably unrelated.
>>>
>> I went ahead and committed slightly different version.  Please resync
>> the source if you tested the old version.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jung-uk Kim

   Hi there,

   in my Latitude D630 with 8-0 current updated this morning (+1 UTC) it
seems is trying to work. It has no xorg, just text console.

   First got to compile if_bge as a module, kldunloading it before
acpiconf -s 3. With if_bge compiled in the kernel I started to see some
bge0 : ... PHY read timeout, and then the machine freezed.

   Then, when resuming I got no video(but the keyboard was working, I
was able to echo "Hi there" > /tmp/prova with success!). I tried
hw.acpi.reset_video with no success. The other one I tried was
debug.acpi.suspend_bounce. No luck.

    Do you have any alternatives I can try ?

   Greets,

   Gus

   PD : is there any plan to work it to  i386 ?