FIB (routing table) question with jailed service

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Mar 17 12:06:45 PDT 2009

Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set up a second routingtable and told rc.d/jail to use the FIB1.
> Now I wonder why the SSHd in the jail isn't responding. I set the
> default router to a local address and the second default router in FIB1
> to the ISP router, reachable via a second NIC.
> Does the FIb only work for outgoing, intiating connections?

no, it is supposed to work for listen sockets too.

What version of FreeBSD? I assume current because of the mailing list.

I say "supposed to" because I have not tested it in -current for a
while, and there have been quite a few changes in that area.
I'll try check it myself later and get back to you.
(It does work correctly in Ironport's 6.x based systems where it
came from)