testing qemu svn r6636 on FreeBSD; future of qemu on FreeBSD...

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Mon Mar 9 11:05:04 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:39:15PM +0100, Fabian Keil wrote:
> Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
> >  After discovering a workaround for the -kernel-kqemu userspace pio bug
> > in connection with vmware svga/vmmouse a few days ago I made another
> > experimental FreeBSD qemu-devel port update today,
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20090218.patch
>
> I didn't notice any regressions on amd64 with Windows XP
> as guest system.

Thats good to hear, thanx!  Actually the qemu project cut a release a little
while ago (0.10.0), which I updated the emulators/qemu port to yesterday.
(That code is a little newer than the 20090218 snapshot.)

>  I only use the guest system to compile
> and test stuff with cygwin, though.

 Hmm actually I used to have a cygwin crosscompiler many moons ago,
I wouldn't be surprised if you can still make one for today's cygwin...

> Thanks a lot for all your work on qemu.

 You're welcome! :)
	Juergen