[HEADS UP] Radeon r6/7xx drm code to be committed

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 9 09:53:57 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 12:16 -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
> Gary Jennejohn writes:
>
> >  > >  This should work on pretty much all Radeon r600+ cards (and the older
> >  > >  stuff as well).  With the appropriate X drivers, you should get EXA
> >  > >  accelleration and Xv.  3d is not available yet, afaik.
> >  >

> >  This is kernel code and has nothing directly to do with ports.
>
> 	Let me be more specific.
> 	Assuming I'm using a 3850, which I believe is the RV670
> chipset, is there anything I will need to change in xorg.conf (or
> elsewhere) to take advantage of/not break the new code?

rv670 is what I'm testing on... I tried to put a few details in the
commit message.

Basically, for R600+ you have to force DRI on for the moment.  You
should also be using exa.

So, right now, I'm using radeonhd from git master, with :

        Driver      "radeonhd"
        VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName   "RV670PRO [Radeon HD 3850]"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"