[HEADS UP] Radeon r6/7xx drm code to be committed

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 9 09:42:36 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 10:33 -0400, Robert Huff wrote:
> Robert Noland writes:
>
> >  I'm planning to commit :
> >
> >  http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/radeon-drm-next-r6-7xx-030609-2.patch
> >
> >  to -CURENT later today or tomorrow, unless someone reports issues to me.
> >  Please give it a try.
> >
> >  This should work on pretty much all Radeon r600+ cards (and the older
> >  stuff as well).  With the appropriate X drivers, you should get EXA
> >  accelleration and Xv.  3d is not available yet, afaik.
>
> 	There will be a thorough entry in ports/UPDATING, yes?

I don't think UPDATING either src or ports is really appropriate...  If
someone(tm) wanted to fix up a wiki page, that seems like the plan...
For all of the drm / X stuff.  The existing drm wiki is horribly
outdated.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>