suspect bug in vge(4)

Thomas Lotterer thomas+freebsd at lotterer.net
Mon Jun 15 21:03:09 UTC 2009

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com>
Date: 2009-06-15 3:55:05 +0200
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:30:31PM +0200, Thomas Lotterer wrote:
>> panic: Assertion mtx_unowned(m) failed at /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:827
>
> This looks locking bug in driver. Show me backtrace info.

I'd like to, but I've no idea how to do it.

First, this is NanoBSD with no space to dump core.
Well, there is ZFS but I mind this is a good place to use.

Second, this is ARTiGO with no serial and no PS/2 keyboard - only USB.
There are certain times where FreeBSD lacks USB keyboard support. The
MBR boot loader seems to leverage BIOS USB Keyboard support and works.
Thereafter, boot block (override boot.config), loader (override
loader.conf), the "beastie menue" (disable ACPI, safe mode, ...) and
kernel debugger have BIOS USB keyboard dropped but do not support
vanilla USB keyboard so I end up with not being able to type any key!

Now realize how hard it was to get there :-|
Cheers
--
http://thomas.lotterer.net