suspect bug in vge(4)

Thomas Lotterer thomas+freebsd at lotterer.net
Wed Jun 10 18:18:06 UTC 2009

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> I already know there are possible edge-cases in vge(4) but your
> issue looks quite different one than ever reported. Unfortunately
> vge(4) hardware I had was broken so I couldn't complete overhauling
> the vge(4). The code in the following URL is the latest WIP version
> but I don't know whether it fixes the issue as it wasn't tested at
> all on real hardware.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vge.c
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgereg.h
> http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/if_vgevar.h

These files contain a CVS Id dating them 2007-11-22 while CURRENT has
2009-05-30. Assuming these dates are reliable this means the patches are
roughly 19 months old and AFAIK 1000BaseTX support was added within the
last 6 months. I do not believe reverting back makes sense, if you know
better, please tell me.

There is another interesting patch aside which deals with TXCSUM
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/vge/vge.csum.patch
However, it is already included in CURRENT.

More ideas?
--
http://thomas.lotterer.net