[head tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 8 08:47:48 UTC 2009

Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru> wrote
  in <yU9M2qm9rH+oeIVIgSzCrCakobk at j4OYE6OL8eALCd4BvSxIfwgoxSc>:

re> Do you intend to set sc->gif_options only for the case of failed
re> copyin()?  This looks a bit strange to me too, because
re>  1. in this case 'options' will have undeterminate contents;
re>  2. I thought that 'set options' should set options if it is
re>     permitted.
re> Though there could be some logics behing this -- don't know, but
re> may be the negation operator was lost before '(error = copyin(...))' --
re> this is most adequate description of check for GIF_FULLOPTS.

 Yea, you are right.  '!' was missing at the head of the condition.
 The options should be updated when copyin() succeeds.  Probably I
 need some sleep :|

re> By the way, it will be great if new sysctls and their options will be
re> documented somewhere, perhaps in the gif(4) itself.

 Okay, I think it is reasonable, too.  I'll do.  Thanks for the
 suggestion.

-- Hiroki