[head tinderbox] failure on amd64/amd64

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Mon Jun 8 07:31:31 UTC 2009

Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 11:00:56AM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Looks like that
> -----
> 		ifr->ifr_data = (caddr_t)(size_t)options;
> -----
> will be more correct and will disable this warning -- it will convert
> u_int to the proper type that will be able to carry addresses for the
> given platform.

Hmm, looking a bit into the code of gif_ioctl, I am under impression
that 'options' will not be initialized at the GIFSOPTS processing.
And the statement
-----
                if ((error = copyin(&options, &sc->gif_options,
                                sizeof(sc->gif_options)))) {
-----
looks strange -- (&options) is in the kernel space (stack space),
so why one is passing it as the userland address?  Judging by the
contents of newly added setgifopts() inside ifgif.c, I would assume
that one wants 'ifr->ifr_data' instead of '&options'.

Am I missing something?
--
Eygene