xorg loops

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jun 2 19:09:27 UTC 2009

El día Tuesday, June 02, 2009 a las 07:59:03PM +0200, Lapo Luchini escribió:

> Tim Kientzle wrote:
> > AllowEmptyInput   hald      Result
> >    off            enabled   Mouse/keyboard delays/jerkiness
> >    off            disabled  Works
> >    on (default)   enabled   Works
> >    on (default)   disabled  No mouse/keyboard
>
> Tim, I had your same symptoms (as far as "delays/jerkiness" can go):
> when using the USB external mouse and leaving it in *some* positions,
> the whole system was paused until I move the mouse even a little bit, at
> that point all "missing events" (i.e. all keypresses that didn't produce
> any output, or also all screen updates) are shown in fast-forward (e.g.
> the Firefox spinner of a loading tab was stopped until the mouse moved,
> and made the 3 missing turns rapidly, then all to normal). When the
> mouse was left in other positions, no problem was shown.
>
> After Googling your message I commented-out the AllowEmptyInput line in
> my xorg.conf and now both internal touchpad and external mouse work
> perfectly and don't "halt the event queue" (or what it was) anymore.
>
> I still wonder the reason behind this behavior but as long as it's
> working, I won't complain.

I have a *similar* problem; see my posting in -current with Subject:
'problem with mouse when hald is running': when hald is enabled certain
events, for example the ButtonReleaseEvent of a mouse click, is delayed
until you move the mouse pointer a bit; until now I have AllowEmptyInput
set to 'false' and hald disabled, and it works;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211