HAL is blokcing growisofs [Was: Re: Various problems, atapi, acpi (S3), cpufreq (est)]

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Tue Jun 2 09:51:25 UTC 2009

Eygene Ryabinkin schrieb am 20.05.2009 11:28 (localtime):
>> Using `growisofs -dvd-compat -speed=8 -Z /dev/cd1=/udfimage.iso` freezes
>> the system. First it seems nothing happens but after some minutes the
>> system is completely unresponsive, even mouse doesn't move any more.
>> Here's some output I got at this event:
>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY freeing taskqueue zombie request
>> acd1: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW taskqueue timeout - completing request
>> directly
>> acd1: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW freeing taskqueue zombie request
>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY taskqueue timeout - completing request
>> directly
>> acd1: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY freeing taskqueue zombie request
>> acd1: WARNING - READ_TOC taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
>> acd1: WARNING - READ_TOC freeing taskqueue zombie reques
>
> Could you try to add atapicam(4) device into your kernel and use
> /dev/cdX instead of /dev/acdX for burning?  I don't believe that this
> will help you, given the messages you're receiving, but you can at least
> give a shot for SCSI emulation on ATAPI devices.

Accidentally I found out that growisofs works perfectly without HAL.
As soon as hal is running I see the above error messages and no dvd
burning is possible.
Also USB-Flash-Disks don't work with -current and hal (everything
compiled 2 days ago). As soon as I plug in the UFD all
"hald-addon-storage: /dev/da1" (from fixed internal card reader) vanish
and I can't use Thunars volume-mount feature.
Should I open a ports/PR? Or is it likle to be a problem in -current?

Thanks,

-Harry