UTF-8 on 8.0-CURRENT: Yes We Can!

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Tue Jul 14 19:47:28 UTC 2009

Hello Vladimir,

* Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru> wrote:
> Is it possible to influence mentioned table ?
>
> In real life I very rare need parts of UTF-8 other then cyrillic, so for
> me it should be safe to convert cyrillic characters of UTF-8 to
> appropriate characters in 8-bit symbols (like CP866).

No. It's currently hardcoded in scterm-teken.c. Alexander Churanov has
been working on making this dynamic.

With my new console driver there's no need to switch tables/fonts. I'm
currently typing this message using my console driver, which has 1390
unique glyphs (roughly 45% used by the normal characters, 45% by the
bold characters and 10% shared between them).

--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/