Jemalloc SEGV for 1MB chunk

Channa channa.kad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:25:25 PST 2009

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I understand , after terminating the string with NULL character no SEGV is seen.

But if i change the request size to a value less than 1MB for eg: 4096 Bytes,

As in the below test code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{
int i;
char *buf;
size_t size = 4096  ;

        buf = malloc(size);
  for (i = 0; i < size; i++)
    buf[i] = 'a';
printf("The length of buff is : %d\n",strlen(buf));
free(buf);
return 0;
}

I dont see any issues, without terminating the string with NULL
character the test code works fine. The issue is seen only for size
1MB exactly.

Can anyone explain this behaviour?

Thanks in Advance,
Channa