Bacula: VERY SLOW on SAME host

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Wed Jan 14 20:35:10 PST 2009

Greetings,
     Somethings changed (Around the 1st of the year?) where my bacula jobs take FOREVER to backup on the same host
with the StorageDaemon and Director.  If I change it to use 127.0.0.1 instead of the address on the em card, it's fine.

If I use the address on the em nics, it's like 4kb/sec as opposed to multi-megabytes/sec.

I'm looking for how to find what broke.

Other networking to the host is fine, but this is TCP within the same host, but using the IP address on the em interface.

I see the TCP Send-Q fill up, and it's extremely slow.

What data do you need to help debug this?

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893