snd_hda(4): getting line-in to work

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 6 12:53:18 PST 2009

Garrett Cooper wrote:
>     I'm not sure if it's user error or not, but my snd_hda(4) enabled
> chipset doesn't have line-in support enabled. I was wondering if there
> were a special set of instructions I need to follow to get this
> working.

The main instruction is to boot system with verbose messages. snd_hda
writes all information needed to answer most questions. Read it yourself
and if it does not help - send it to me.

> [gcooper at orangebox /scratch/ltp]$ cat /dev/sndstat
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm: 32bit 2007061600/i386)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <HDA Analog Devices AD1988B PCM #0 Analog> at cad 0 nid 1 on
> hdac0  [MPSAFE] (1p:1v/1r:1v channels duplex default)

All I can see here is that you have some recording device. You can
browse and select specific recording source with `mixer =rec` command.
For additional details look verbose output and read new snd_hda man page.

--
Alexander Motin