USB2: booting from usb memory issue, including a foolish patch

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 19 00:11:30 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 08:44:01AM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> * Daichi GOTO <daichi at ongs.co.jp> wrote:
> > Yes you know, very foolish patch but I have no idea to
> > fix it in other way. If you have better ideas, please
> > try and commit that.
>
> Maybe we should gain a "Waiting for 15 secons for SCSI devices to
> settle", but for the USB subsystem?

No thanks, it already takes aeons to boot FreeBSD, and adding extra
delays for only USB devices will only make it worse :-(

Isn't it possible to either use the CAM delay loop (which waits for SCSI
devices) or just implement a generic "Waiting for devices" which both
CAM and USB can use?

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Chance favours the prepared mind"