weeding out c++ keywords from sys/sys

Gary Jennejohn gary.jennejohn at freenet.de
Sun Feb 15 06:13:25 PST 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:00:15 +0000
Bruce Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net> wrote:

> Please don't listen to the nay-sayers, and keep up the good work:-
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/20071222161357/http://netlab.ru.is/exception/LinuxCXX.shtml

It isn't exactly confidence building that all the links on this page
are invalid.

This is all from 2005 and AFAICT has languished since then.  I'm not aware of
any movement within the Linux community to bring C++ support into the kernel.

> Nay-sayers: All I ask is that you don't complain when someone who knows
> how to use the tool, and has the support, gets more working code written :^)

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread, but I can't recall
having read any persuasive arguments for using C++ in the kernel.

I personally get cold chills up and down my spine just thinking about it.
Maybe I've been doing kernel development for too long.

---
Gary Jennejohn