iwi broken? reproducible crash :(

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Sat Feb 7 02:40:08 PST 2009

L Campbell wrote:
 > Since you're offering -- back on 7.x I had all kinds of problem with
 > the adapter: I had to double the send/recvbuf_max and had to disable
 > bgscan, otherwise the connection would die after ~6-12 hours,
 > depending on usage. Did you ever have similar issues, or is something
 > wonky with my machine?

With iwi on 7.0, my connections would die regularly, too -- much more
often than the 6 to 12 hours you state, sometimes up to every 15 minutes
or so. wpa_supplicant did reconnect, but without it, I would have to do
it manually.

It was still better than at 6.X, though, except for monitor mode, which
would not receive packages on 7.0 at all.

Worst, sometimes the driver would get stuck, but the firmware could not
be reloaded, since there was not enough dmaable (?) memory. Closing all
application did help.

Since it took too much time to work around the problems and I wanted
monitor, I got a 5 Euro ath based mini-pci from Ebay. I can only
recommend that.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik