Is 802.11a supposed to work with wpi?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 30 20:46:22 UTC 2009

Gavin Atkinson wrote:
> You need to set the tunable debug.wpi before loading the module.  Set it
> to 0x82, enable bootverbose and then load the module.

Ok, the full verbose dmesg is at http://dougbarton.us/wpi-debug.txt. I
wasn't sure what to delete so the only thing I deleted was the hda
(sound) stuff.

> I see you also
> don't have the revision D hardware, which is the only one the driver
> actively knows about.

Errr, ok?  :)  Is mine newer or older? And is this something that a
different firmware would fix?

> It's also interesting that all the A channels are listed as being passive,
> what regdomain do you have set (ifconfig wlan0 will say)?  You could try
> changing the regdomain (IANAL) and see what happens.

It's currently set to US, which is good because that's where I'm at.
If I were to change it, what would be a good value to try?

Doug