Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 24 21:19:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Weongyo Jeong wrote:
> Now bwn(4) is available at the public and waiting test and review.  The
> status of this driver is *alpha* so could make panics, warnings and
> errors.  Please let me know if you encounter problems.

Firstly, let me say thank you for working on this driver.  It will be
great to be able to use the v4 cards!

May I ask, is there a reason you have written a new ssb(4) Sonics
SiliconBackplane driver, rather than using siba(4) which is already in the
tree?  I don't know much about these devices, but it seems like these
are for the same (or very sumular) hardware, in which case could they be
merged into one?

Thanks,

Gavin