acroread8 does not print any more

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sun Apr 19 18:06:36 UTC 2009

Rainer Hurling <rhurlin at gwdg.de> writes:

> Since I am using the new linux emulator f8 I am not able to print with
> acroread8 any more. I get this behaviour on three different
> systems. The following message does appear in acroread:

> Beim Drucken ist folgender Fehler aufgetreten...
> '/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found,
> required by "libgcc_s.so.1"'
>
> Does anyone else see this error?
>
> I would suppose that /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 has to be used, but
> acroread is looking at /usr/local/lib/compat/libc.so.6. Any
> suggestions what could be wrong?
>
> Let me know if I can give more information or test something.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rainer Hurling
>

> P.S.: I am running FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT with linux_base-f8
>
> sysctl compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16
>
> /etc/make.conf
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8
> OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=f8
>

> #ls -d /var/db/pkg/linux*
> linux-f8-alsa-lib-1.0.15
> linux-f8-jpeg-6b
> linux-flashplugin-9.0r159
> linux-f8-atk-1.20.0
> linux-f8-libsigc++20-2.0.18
> linux-kmod-compat-20080408
> linux-f8-cairo-1.4.14
> linux-f8-libxml2-2.7.2
> linux-nvu-1.0_1
> linux-f8-dri-7.0.2
> linux-f8-openssl-0.9.8b
> linux-realplayer-10.0.9.809.20070726
> linux-f8-expat-2.0.1
> linux-f8-pango-1.18.4
> linux-scim-gtk-fc8-1.4.7_1
> linux-f8-fontconfig-2.4.2
> linux-f8-png-1.2.22
> linux-scim-libs-fc8-1.4.7_2
> linux-f8-gtk2-2.12.8
> linux-f8-tiff-3.8.2
> linux_base-f8-8_11

Since you have two linux-scim-* ports it seems to me that you
upgraded to linux -f8- ports without reading /usr/ports/UPDATING
and there may be some unneeded remnants at /compat/linux. Can
you follow that procedure and write a followup here?

BTW, some useful information you may find at emulation@ ML and
my "HEADSUP" message about new linux -f8- ports.

WBR
--
bsam