NMI ISA 2c, EISA ff

Paolo Pisati p.pisati at oltrelinux.com
Thu Apr 16 07:34:09 UTC 2009

Alex Keda wrote:
> Ivan Voras пишет:
>> Alex Keda wrote:
>>
>>> I try install FreBSD; boot from USB hard drive on HP 2133 (laptop)
>>> Boot not success:
>>>
>>> agp0: <VIA 3364 (P4M900) host to PCI bridge> on host0
>>> agp0: aperture size is 128M
>>> NMI ISA 2c, EISA ff
>>>

>> NMIs are most commonly caused by memory errors (but could be other types
>> of hardware errors)
> I try 7.2, with GENERIC - all OK
> It's CURRENT problem.
FWIW i've an hp 2133 running HEAD for a while with no problems (except
for missing sound).
For some tips:

http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/index.html?action=show_laptop_detail&laptop=12784

i didn't enable synaptic support since it made double-tap impossible,
nor i can get suspend&resume to work
due to ndis, and the vga cam has no drivers, but the rest works fine:
bluetooth, wifi, video, lan, sd, etcetc

i did my first installation with an usb<->pata adapter and it went fine.

--

bye,
P.