Please test ipfw and pf uid/gid/jail rules

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 29 20:29:29 UTC 2008

Dear all:

Although it didn't show up in 8.x testing to date, it turned out there was a
serious stability regression in the ipfw uid/gid/jail rule implementation as a
result of moving to rwlocks for inpcbinfo and inpcb.  I think I've corrected
the sources of the problem in 8.x and 7.x now, but it would be very helpful if
people who use ipfw and pf could do some extra testing of these rules with
invariants and witness enabled to see if we can't shake out any remaining
problems.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory