ipfw: LOR/panic with uid rules

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 25 20:51:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Stefan Ehmann wrote:

> Hmm, just obtained a new dump which was the same. Did a normal "make
> kernel", so source/kernel should be in sync
>
> This is the version:
>
> __FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c,v 1.382 2008/09/24 11:07:03
> rwatson Exp $");
>
> What doesn't match? I only checked this and it looks okay to me

Indeed, it looks like I had my own source synchronization issue :-).

This backtrace is differen from the previous one, and is for a different
instance of the same bug.  I believe I've corrected it with this change:

rwatson     2008-09-25 17:26:54 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:
     sys/netinet          tcp_input.c
   Log:
   SVN rev 183356 on 2008-09-25 17:26:54Z by rwatson

   As a follow-on to r183323, correct another case where ip_output() was
   called without an inpcb pointer despite holding the tcbinfo global
   lock, which lead to a deadlock or panic when ipfw tried to further
   acquire it recursively.

   Reported by:    Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft at gmx dot net>
   MFC after:      3 days

   Revision  Changes    Path
   1.383     +17 -1     src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c

Could you update and see if things run better?

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge