Unable to boot Asus P5QL-EM w/ acpi enabled

Jia-Shiun Li jiashiun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:42:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:35 AM, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2008 01:11:31 pm jiashiun li wrote:
>>
>> I did a binary search and found the problem lies between 2008-08-22
>> and 2008-08-23. Here is my note:
>>
> If you grab the latest bits from HEAD you can use 'hw.pci.mcfg=0' to disable
> memcfg.

Thanks, quick search the mailing list revealed some cases and your
solution just a few days ago. I should have followed the mailing list
more carefully. ;)

Just curious, any idea why the memory mapped configuration prevents
kernel from booting? Maybe buggy hardware, acpi code, or combination
of both that users can help testing to find the cause?

Jia-Shiun.