Intel GMA x4500 / xorg help

Tony Sim y2s1982 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 01:37:30 UTC 2008

Yes, i've read those reviews.  I also know that the current port tree seems
to have the latest version of the driver.  I've also read, however, that
drivers in Freebsd, by default, have disabled support for Intel's later
graphics cards, and this seems to be in agreement in the description of the
port....  and furthermore, my laptop, which has the said graphic card,
constantly crashes whenever xorg tries to deal with the graphics card.  By
this i mean the entire freebsd crashes...

So since it apparently works with linux and xorg, the driver is there... the
question is, does it work in freebsd?