geom_label & firewire & sbp

Wojciech A. Koszek wkoszek at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 10 12:32:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 03:08:32PM +0400, Igor R wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 8-CURRENT (around week old) on my HP nx7400.
> All works fine, but I always rebuild kernel without unneeded drivers.
>
> I use journaled UFS and mount filesystem (including rootfs) using
> labels. So after I recompiled kernel with my own configuration it
> cannot boot because it does not see my /dev/ufs/root
> geom_label is in kernel. I had booted GENERIC kernel and started to
> rebuild kernels from GENERIC configuration removing on each step some
> drivers and options from config.
>
> After 8 or 9 builds I have found, that removal of "sbp" device from
> kernel config prevents kernel from detecting labels and prevents boot.
> This looks VERY strange, but ... .
> Also I have not tried 8-CURRENT on other hardware.

Igor,

Could you confirm that it looks like my old report:

	http://www.mavetju.org/mail/view_message.php?list=freebsd-current&id=2548285

Hidetoshi proposed simple change:

	http://www.mavetju.org/mail/view_message.php?list=freebsd-current&id=2548291

Which helped and still helps, as it was never commited. Let us
know if it works for you.

Thanks,

--
Wojciech A. Koszek