Sun Neptune NIU support

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 9 07:50:34 UTC 2008

I have a Sun X4447A quad GigE card that I would like to use with
FreeBSD.  It is supported by Solaris nxge(7D) and Linux niu.  The
PCIid is 0x108e[Sun] 0xabcd.

Whilst there's a nxge(4) driver in FreeBSD, this appears to be for
a totally different NIC.

Is anyone working on a FreeBSD driver for this card?

(Note that whilst I want to use the card in a PC, I believe the
embedded NIC in the Sun T-2 is the same device).

--
Peter Jeremy