Questions on how to use the Head files Pyun YongHyeon has created for re driver

Tony Sim y2s1982 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 03:26:29 UTC 2008

Hi.  I've recently purchased a laptop that, by the looks of windows drivers
that came with it, was made by Realtek.  I THINK it might be 8168c, but
regardless, freebsd 7-rel failed to detect it.

I've tried to use ndisgen to get a .ko module, but it only
 half-worked; now freebsd detects the card as a realtek 8168/8111 and can be
found on ifconfig, but it's status is not UP nor DOWN.  When I tried to
change the status to UP, the entire system crashed.

I've also tried downloading the driver from realtek homepage, but it won't
compile (and does not have a folder with .ko file, as the Readme.txt claims)

A google search got me to an archived post: